Does your business rely on mission-critical custom software applications?
Software Escrow allows you to protect your investment and provides you with peace of mind by protecting you from the risk of failure from your current IT provider.
Unlike other Software Escrow providers, Ambosco specialises in code quality assurance, testing and has expertise in software development and build processes for a variety of different programming languages. This allows us to provide a higher level of assurance via our Software Verification services.
The Ambosco Escrow Agreements are put in palce to protect you as the Software End-User. The agreement will set out conditions under which a full release of everything held in escrow will be made to you. Possible conditions include
- Bankruptcy of Software Supplier
- Software Supplier ceases trading
- Software Supplier breaches terms of a license or support agreement
- Software Supplier change of ownership or structure
- Software Supplier discontinues maintenance of software
WHAT AMBOSCO OFFERS
- Single License Agreements – For custom applications built specifically for use by one company. This is a three party agreement between the Software Supplier (Licensor), the End User (Licesnsee) and Ambosco.
- Multi License Agreements – For custom applications in use by multiple End-Users in different companies. Additional End-Users can be added to the agreement as and when needed.
The proliferation of outsourcing, means that organizations are increasingly reliant on 3rd party suppliers of custom software. Software Escrow Agreements allow protection of your investment at minimal cost in comparison to the tens-of-thousands spent on customized software development.
Specifically the agreement put in place ensures that business critical source code is securely stored and allows continued maintenance of customized software in the event of a release condition being triggered.
Software Verification proves that the source code held in Escrow, is complete, correct and contains all the source code, 3rd party libraries and build documentation to re-bulid the application.
All Escrow agreements with Ambosco come with Standard Verification of the deposited material.
WHAT AMBOSCO OFFERS
- Standard Verfication – Includes virus checking, source code checking and inventory
- Complete Verification – All the benefits of Standard Verification plus a complete build and deployment of your application in a secure independent location, with detailed build instructions
- Enhanced Verification – All the benefits of a Full Verification plus a simulated release giving the opportunity for End Users to run post-release checks on functionality prior to sign-off of the deposited material
The Software Escrow agreement provides you with the peace of mind and protection that you will be able to access your customised softwares source code in the event the Software Supplier is unable to continue maintenance.
Software Verification goes above and beyond this by ensuring the software held in escrow, is complete, correct, buildable and deployable with the functionality intact.
Continued Software Maintenance
Unlike other Software Escrow providers, Ambosco specialists in code quality assurance, testing and has expertise in software development and build processes for a variety of different programming languages. This allows us to provide a higher level of assurance via our Software Verification services and if required continued maintenance of your software in the event that your current Software Supplier is unable to continue maintaining your business critical software.
WHAT AMBOSCO OFFERS
- Infrastructure and hosting setup for Software deployment
- Continued software build and maintenance
Full confidence that not only will you retain access to your business critical software code, and that the source-code is build-able and deployable, but also the assurance that Ambosco will be able to continue development and maintenance of the software you need to run your business in the event that your current Software Supplier is unable to meet your needs.